Fingerprint readers have sensors and they need to be carefully cleaned and maintained to keep them fit for purpose. If the reader window gets dirty, the system will be unable to read properly and would be prone to returning unexpected errors.
For using the fingerprint reader, you have to install the required software and then connect your system to the fingerprint device. Next, install your fingerprint reader and visit any website that you want.
Save your ID and the password so that the reader is able to scan the information and connect you to the requested server. When you visit the website again there is no need to enter the information manually but place your hand on the reader and it will fill in the details. You can check Quick links to know more about fingerprint readers.
The following tips should be followed when you clean the fingerprint reader and for its maintenance:
- First, you should shut down the system and unplug the device.
- Ensure that you never spill anything on to the reader window
- Glass cleaners should never be directly applied on to the reader window
- Alcohol based cleaners should be strictly avoided
- Use soft cotton swabs should be used to clean the surface
- Never dip the reader into a liquid
- The reader window should never be scratched with paper or any other abrasive material
- When wiping the sensor surface, start from the top and gently move down till the entire surface is clean. Repeat 2-3 times to ensure that the sensor area is completely cleaned
- Do not use the fingerprint reader if it is damaged